texas concealed handgun license training
Texas will issue non-resident permits to residents of states that do not issue permits/licenses to carry firearms.
* A place of business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption
* On premises of a correctional facility
* On the physical premises of a school, an educational institution, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or an educational institution,
whether the school or educational institution is public or private,
* On the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event of interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is
a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event
* On the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress.
* racetrack; secured area of an airport
* In any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court.
* *on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
* *On the premises of a Hospital licensed under the Health and Safety Code
* *On the premises of a nursing home licensed under the Health and Safety Code
* *Amusement parks. Amusement Parks means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the
public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access
only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all
times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
* Public or private premises conspicuously posted with this sign do
* Items above marked * Do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
30.06(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a
governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03
In order to provide notice that entry on property by a license holder with a concealed handgun is forbidden, Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(A)
requires that a written communication contain the following Language: 30.06 Sign.
Offices relating to CHL licensing in Texas
Texas Department of Public Safety
P O Box 4143
Austin, Texas 78765-4143
Phone: (512) 424-7293 or (800) 224-5744
P. O. Box 12548
Austin, Texas 78711-2548
Phone: (512) 463-2100